|Store Location:||Rochester, MN|
Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The Cashier Lead position is responsible for leading staff and committing to a professional, team environment and being able to quickly process accurate and efficient sales transactions. This position will provide world class customer service by greeting and thanking customers as well as responding to their requests.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact. –OR – Ability to engage others while demonstrating knowledge and capacity.
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Respond promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance by providing customer service, greeting and acknowledging each customer, and being knowledgeable of store products and policies
- Accurately and efficiently process customer transactions through registers to itemize and total customer purchases
- Collects payment in form of cash, check or credit from customers and able to provide accurate change when needed, and the transaction receipt
- Records daily transactions from cash register to balance drawer by counting money at the beginning and end of each shift
- Accurately create monthly schedules and daily floor plans for the cashier staff based on projected sales and prior schedules while following Scheels’ policies and procedures
- Create and coordinate training schedules for new cashiers
- Assist in creating and delivering crew reviews
- Assist with day to day operations and administration of the VISA program
- Maintain orderly appearance of personal work space and surrounding areas
- Accurately create monthly budget and place orders for register supplies and parts
- Ability to perform basic math; compute rate, ratio and percent; draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, attention to detail, and problem solving skills
- Strong initiative and vision for continuous improvement while contributing to a positive team atmosphere
- Exercise judgment and tact and be able to effectively work with customers and all levels within the organization when resolving problems that involve several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Strong oral / written communication and reading skills to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work assigned scheduled which may include varied hours, evening, weekends, and holidays
- Assist with all other duties as assigned
High School Diploma, or General Education Degree(GED), one to three months of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
$12.50 - $14.00 per hour, dependent upon experience
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 7p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of two weekends a month. Average hours per week is 40 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Equal Employment OpportunityScheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.