|Title:||Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable|
|Store Location:||Rochester, MN|
Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
Accounts Receivable is responsible for preparing daily sales transactions, cash deposits, control sheets and balancing safes. This position will work closely with the Office Leader, Cashier Supervisor, ASL’s, Loss Prevention and POS teams.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Thoroughly total, balance and enter daily sales transactions
- Accurately prepare daily cash deposits and cash control sheets. Count, balance and handle cash drawers, vaults and MIMO
- Prepare and maintain MIMO with correct currency for daily cash drawers
- Prepare invoices, manage statements, apply payments, and responds to all inquiries.
- Maintain employee purchase files
- Collecting, counting, depositing and recording arcade currency.
- Clean up and audit of gift cards
- Assist with all other duties assigned
- Ability to perform basic math; calculate figures, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and measurements
- Experience preparing spreadsheets in Excel
- Ability to follow written, oral and diagram instructions
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, attention to detail, and problem solving skills
- Research out of balance tills on a daily basis
- Be professional in appearance and attitude; contribute to a positive team atmosphere by treating others with respect and consideration while taking pride in being part of a winning team
- Maintain orderly appearance of personal work space and surrounding areas
- Accurately booking and depositing other income
- Perform work efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work assigned schedule which is typically Monday through Friday day time hours, but may include some evening or weekend hours as needed
High School Diploma or General Education Degree required, Associates Degree or equivalent related work experience is preferred.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Roles are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury.
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule that starts between 7 am - 9a.m., Monday through Friday. Average hours per week is 40 hours.
$13 - $16 per hour / dependent upon experience
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.