|Store Location:||Rochester, MN|
Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
This individual will provide a safe working and shopping experience to patrons of Scheels through the reduction and deterrence of loss. The Part Time Loss Prevention Investigator will assist all Scheels’ associates in fulfilling Scheels customer service and safety standards; while maintaining a discreet, professional, presence in Scheels stores.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Reduce and deter external loss through means of floor surveillance and monitoring closed circuit camera systems. Poses the ability to identify and apprehend external subjects for theft when all Scheels 5 Imperatives have been met.
- Develop positive work relationships with state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Reduce and deter internal loss through means of floor surveillance, monitoring closed circuit camera systems, and auditing/reviewing a variety of exception reports.
- Conduct successful non-confrontation interviews with external or internal patrons of Scheels.
- Assist the leadership team in enforcing all policies and procedures.
- Create a safe working and shopping environment by completing daily/weekly/monthly safety facility evaluations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data and establish facts through proper investigations.
- Ability to systematically complete various tasks with minimal supervision.
- Be professional in appearance and attitude
- Ability to work assigned schedules which may include varied hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 7p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of two weekends a month. Average hours per week is 10 - 27 hours.
$13 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.