- Provide exceptional customer service by smiling at and greeting all customers within sales radius.
- Be knowledgeable to answer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
- Follow instructions for specific requests from customers, while maintaining safety requirements
- Analyze reports and make decisions about purchasing of inventory, arrangement of merchandise, and sales trends to meet or exceed Scheels standards
- Based on qualifications of the applicant, job responsibilities may be reassigned in order to achieve the best fit for the store.
- Stock shelves, tables, and counters with merchandise. Set up advertising, signs, and merchandise to promote sales
- Communicate professionally with vendors and/or outside sales representatives
- Train associates on the proper use and basic knowledge of merchandise
- Prepare for and facilitate required product knowledge and sales meetings as directed
- Attend weekly required sales and product knowledge training meetings
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to lift items over head more than 6 feet
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to lift, bend, sit, twist frequently
- Ability to speak for extended periods to customers or associates
- Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Leaders are expected to enforce all safety policies and procedures. Encourage associates to report any safety concerns, near misses or incidents
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization
- Ability to perform basic math; perform operations using units of currency, measurements and understanding percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small groups to customers, clients and other employees.
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels’ policies and procedures.
- Ability to work assigned schedule; may include varied hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma, or General Education Degree (GED), one to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
- Bereavement Leave
|Title:||Youth Clothing Specialy Shop Manager|
|Store Location:||Overland Park, KS|
Scheels is currently seeking a Full-Time Youth Clothing Specialty Shop Manager for our Overland Park, Kansas location. While committing to a professional, team environment; this associate will provide assistance to fellow associates and customers in retrieving freight, displaying merchandise on the floor and providing world class customer service.
Provide exceptional customer service to each customer, while maintaining a specialty shop that meets or exceeds Scheels standards, including meeting sales, inventory, and margin goals.
Essential Job Functions:
Education and Experience:
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Average hours per week is 40 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefit package to include:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scheels complies fully with all local, state and federal employment laws and shall provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, the presence of any mental or physical disability, status with regard to public assistance or marriage, or any other category protected by local, state or federal law.
To take advantage of this excellent opportunity, please complete our online application and attach your resume, or stop by our store at 6503 West 135th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66223 to complete a paper application.