- Fit and study garments on customers to determine required alterations
- Measure clients to ensure proper product fit; follow markings done by others
- Mark or pin-fold alteration lines
- Sew garments, using needles and thread or sewing machines
- Examine tags on garments to determine alterations that are needed
- Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons and linings
- Press garments using hand irons or pressing machines
- Check garment for quality; examine finished garment for qualitative standards
- Responsible for preventive maintenance on equipment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrate strong organization, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, and perform operations using units of measurements
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, treat other with respect and consideration
- With or without accommodations, be able to sit, and/or stand, for extended periods of time. Able to reach, balance, walk, and bend to accurately measure and fit garments to customers
- Lead product knowledge meetings as requested by leadership to demonstrate proper measuring, marking lines and pinning of garments to fellow associates
- Ability to work assigned schedule which may include varied hours, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Associate is frequently required to do the following with or without accommodations:
- Standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time
- Repetitive motions requiring use of both wrists, hands and feet for machine control
- Able to work for extended periods of time
- Able to reach, balance, walk and bend
- Able to hold normal conversations and receive ordinary information
- Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury
- Two to four years of related experience or training or equivalent combination of both
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
|Title:||Alterations Specialist - Part-Time|
|Store Location:||Overland Park, KS|
The Alterations Specialist will alter clothing to fit individual customers, repair defective garments following alterations and/or repair marks on garments. This position will also represent Scheels as a friendly, courteous and knowledgeable professional.
Essential Job Functions:
Education and Experience:
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule that may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Average hours per week is 15-20 hours per week.
Scheels offers a complete benefit package to include:
Scheels complies fully with all local, state and federal employment laws and shall provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, the presence of any mental or physical disability, status with regard to public assistance or marriage, or any other category protected by local, state or federal law.
To take advantage of this excellent opportunity, please complete our online application and attach your resume, or stop by our store at 6503 West 135th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66223 to complete a paper application.